According to Tom Peters, mgt. guru, women will rule the world. At least, the business world: “Women will rule. (Period.) And it’s a great-necessary thing! Logic: Women bring to the workplace the perfect (big word!) skill set for the emergent new economy.”
Tom has been one of my favorite business writers. His stuff is truly revolutionary. If you want more of him and his rationale for women taking over the world (finally!) try this link (no, it’s not spam…):
Two of my other favorite business speakers are Guy Kawasaki and Seth Godin. You get more on them at:
DEFINITION: (noun) imaginative sharing of the feelings, thoughts, or experiences of another
EXAMPLE: It’s easy for a parent to have empathy for the sorrow of another parent whose child has died.
SYNONYMS: affinity, compassion, understanding
What examples of empathy have you witnessed in yourself or others? Click the comment link to share…
here are some great quotes by comedian Stephen Wright:
– I’d kill for a Nobel Peace Prize.
– Borrow money from pessimists – they don’t expect it back.
– Half the people you know are below average.
– 99% of lawyers give the rest a bad name.
– 42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
– A conscience is what hurts when all your other parts feel so good.
– A clear conscience is usually the sign of bad memory.
– All those who believe in psycho-kinesis, raise my hand.
– The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
– I almost had a psychic girlfriend, but she left me before we met.
– OK, so what’s the speed of dark?
– How do you tell when you’re out of invisible ink?
– When everything is coming your way, you’re in the wrong lane.
– I intend to live forever – so far, so good.
– Eagles may soar, but weasels don’t get sucked into jet engines.
– What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
– My mechanic told me, “I couldn’t fix your brakes, so I made your horn louder.
– Why do psychics have to ask your name?
– Experience is something you don’t get until just after you need it.
– To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research.
– The sooner you fall behind, the more time you’ll have to catch up.
– A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.