Recently I did a poll here on the ParentingToolbox to see what some of the biggest parenting issues were in 2010. Sixty percent of the parents that responded said that “child behavior problems” were their main concerns. It could be that parents that come to my blog do so because they are looking for help with their children’s behavior. The blog does focus on that topic over other parenting topics. Even with that possibility, I think it is still quite relevant to parents. It always has been in my 20 plus years of working with families. So it should surprise me to see that result.What the poll doesn’t ask is what kind of behavior issues is troublesome to parents. I did ask about teen drug use, bullying, child abuse and other stressful issues. These got some attention but not much. I am left with the assumption that parents are referring to the age-old concerns of defiance, noncompliance, sibling rivalry, etc.I will be addressing all these issues in my new Premium Parenting Toolbox Newsletter that launches this month. Get on board now while I have the introductory price available and you will find detailed parenting help on topics you need help with. Click here for more information!Leave a comment below on the behavior issues you have been dealing with. Be specific. I may provide some tailored answers to you in the newsletter.
- New Parenting Toolbox Poll: (parentingtoolbox.com)
- Why can’t your child pay attention? (parentingtoolbox.com)
- Parenting Differences: Attract and Annoy! (parentingtoolbox.com)
- Changing Children’s Behavior: Take Some Measurements! (parentingtoolbox.com)
- Depressed Teenagers: The Problem, Risks, Signs, and Solutions (parentingtoolbox.com)
- Child Behavior Problems were big concern for 2010 (parentingtoolbox.com)